Monday, April 25, 2011

Great Finds in Ohio

Had a wonderful Easter, how about you?

Out and about on the way to daughter's for Easter and stopped in Milan, Ohio, because husband John wanted photo of Tom Edison being read to by his mother. For John, it's all about reading and that photo is something he's wanted since years ago when we stopped in Milan with the kids, and he didn
't have a camera..

Anyway, as luck would have it, the statue was across the street from the messiest antique store ever. There were all kinds of goodies outside around the building, including a wonderful pair of tall weathered dark turquoise shutters. I told John the max I would pay for them and planned how I would use them on the patio. We had to call the owner from the gas station where we were getting gas, and he said he'd be right there, that he was only a couple of blocks away. Sure enough, shortly after filling the car, he arrived. I bargained for the shutters and got them, then followed him into the shop. It was piled with stuff in no order, and NOTHING was priced.

Had to ask about everything, and most prices were above my budget. Had very little time, since we were in a hurry to get to Elaina's, when I spotted a really cute old watering can with a wire and blue wooden bale handle. He said he'd sell it to me for what he paid for it. SOLD, and that will be part of the fountain I am putting together.

Can't post photo 'til project is finished, hopefully by the perennial exchange 8-11 AM Saturday the 30th. Come and See.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!