Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Getting set for the New Year


Cannot believe how long it has been since I last blogged.  Guess that tells you how busy our holidays were, including a delayed Christmas celebration on December 29 to accommodate schedule of out-of-town visitors and then on New Year's Day another gathering for extended family and a few friends.  All in all, a beautiful Christmas season, and. as is our tradition, the tree will be up until the Epiphany, the 12th day of Christmas on January 6. 

 
Will be taking over the top half of the piece shown to the shop.  We (John) will have to use our neighbor's truck since the piece is too big to fit in our van.  (I want an old wood sided pick-up.) Actually saw one at a farm auction.  Don't know that I'll ever have the courage or the funds or another opportunity to bid, but it is definitely on my mind. 

The scuffed breakfront will be a display piece with its glass shelves and doors and working light. Perfect for the glitz and silver of winter and Valentine's Day coming soon.  

Display ideas come a piece at a time, first in my head, then in reality.  We'll keep you posted.

Reminder:  I am closed this week, but if the car is in the lot, I'll be there paint clothes and all.   















No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!