Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Peeks at the Homefront

Feel as though I have finally made some headway in the decorating.  
Now on to the gift wrapping.
Present (1) 'neath the Tree
Got the first wrapped present under the tree.  It's actually a large cardboard carton from Amazon which we have orders not to open because there are gifts for John and me in there.  I was told to wrap it as is. So, isn't that nice, the first present under the tree is for me....not quite the spirit of the season.

Accompanied John on an errand today a little bit out of town, had exactly 10 minutes to spare before heading home for a scheduled meeting.  Made a quick stop and look what we found.  John left the store to start the car, and I was leaving with my one meager purchase when I spotted this. 
 A wonderful Christmas find
Was worried I had taken too much time and John would be late for his meeting.  Hadn't even gotten to the van yet, and the side door was opening and John was smiling.  He had a feeling I'd be coming out with the horse.  Think we've been married too long!? Right now he (the horse, not John) is sitting on a desk in my office/sun room which I am setting up as a kid's playroom, but he'll be around for the grand babies when they visit unless I decide to sell him (the horse, not John) in the store (I don't think so)

Here are a few of the "simplifying decorating" things I've been working on.


The Perfect Perch for Tina's Pretty Tree and Galvanized Star on thrift store find pedestal

Much more to share, but better finish the banister before I do... Just one more photo and time to call it a night.

The Reason for the Season


"God Bless Them Every One....." to quote Tiny Tim 
..and Good Night.